Legal & Privacy Information
For information about the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects all personal information in New Zealand, click here.
Family Health Diary operates web services and in doing so we gather two types of information about users including you (“you”):
- personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services we offer; and
- aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to our sites but does not relate to you personally. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
How do we use the information?
We use the personal information we collect:
- for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details for our registration services;
- to assist in providing the services requested by you;
- to provide further information to you about other websites and services which we consider may be of interest to you;
- for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including carrying out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- for ensuring that you are shown the advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and
- for any other uses that you authorise.
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with our sites and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of our sites or services.
Our sites contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Family Health Diary or our related companies contract with online measurement companies and other service providers to manage and optimise our Internet business and communications. These companies collect information about visits to our site to assist us in analysing the site’s performance and advertising effectiveness and optimising the site for readers and marketers. Details of these our analytics tools and the information they may collect can be found below.
Google Analytics is the most widely used website statistics service globally. It collects anonymous information to provide Family Health Diary with data about how people are using Family Health Diary websites, including details about website traffic and website performance.
For more information about Google Analytics, please click here.
Terms and Conditions of Use
This site is owned, managed and operated by BrandWorld Limited, trading as Family Health Diary
How long we keep your personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary in accordance with our services, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information, you may request that we erase your personal information. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or securely delete your personal information in accordance with our document retention policy.
How long we keep your personal Information
We are based in New Zealand and any personal information that you provide to us will be collected, held (unless contractually not required to) and processed by us in New Zealand. Under the NZ Privacy Act 2020 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary.
Contact us by email at [email protected] if you would want to make any changes.
Privacy Precautionary Warning
Exercise your Rights (EU Data subjects)
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Your right of access. If you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Your right to rectification. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it rectified. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to erasure. You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to restrict processing. You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personal information though. We’ll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to data portability. With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Your right to object. You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds
for the processing; or
processing your personal information for direct marketing.
Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Your right to withdraw If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Please note that we may still use any aggregated and de-identified Personal Information that does not identify any individual and may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal and/or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
These terms and conditions (T&C) apply to all users of this Site and its associated services. By using the Site you will be deemed to agree to these T&C without qualification. If you do not agree to be bound by these T&C, please do not use the Site or continue to use the Site.
Username and Password
Users of the personalised sections of the site will be allocated a username and password which must be used whenever requested. The username and password are personal to you and you agree at all times to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password and not to disclose them to any third party. You agree that you are solely responsible for any use of the Site by any person using your username and password. You agree to indemnify Family Health Diary against any and all claims arising out of your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your username or password.
You understand that Family Health Diary may for security and technical reasons at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you, prohibit or restrict your access to the Site. Family Health Diary will notify you as soon as possible of any restriction to your access rights.
You agree that Family Health Diary provides no advice or endorsement of any kind and nor do we give any advice or offer any opinion with regard to the value or suitability of any particular transaction or course of action.
The availability of information through the Site does not constitute a recommendation by Family Health Diary to enter into any transaction or follow any course of action. Any decision that you make must be based solely on your own evaluation of your circumstances and objectives.
Family Health Diary recommends that you independently verify the accuracy, currency or reliability of any information made available via the Service and upon which you intend to rely.
Information and Warranties
Family Health Diary and it’s information contributors and associated service providers do not give any warranty whatsoever, including without limitation, as to the availability, accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of the information or services made available via the Site and expressly disclaim (to the maximum extent permitted in law) all liability for any damage or loss resulting from your use of, or reliance on the Site or the information provided via the Site. The site services and information are provided on an “as is” basis. Family Health Diary makes no warranty that the Site will be free from viruses or any kind of malicious code whatsoever.
No link appearing in the Content and no linked site is endorsed by Family Health Diary and no responsibility is taken for material on any linked site. You agree that by accessing any linked site you are doing so at your own risk and you agree to fully indemnify Family Health Diary against any liability arising out of your accessing any linked site.
You acknowledge that Family Health Diary is the proprietor or the authorised user of the copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights (IP Rights) in the software, text, graphics and other material (Content) displayed or available through the Site. Unauthorised use of the Content is strictly prohibited and may infringe the IP Rights in the Content. Subject to these T&C, Family Health Diary grants to you a non-exclusive and non-transferable single user licence to use the Content for your own private and non-commercial purposes.
No content may be reproduced, published or transmitted in any manner without the prior written consent of Family Health Diary. In particular and without limitation, you may not without prior written permission from Family Health Diary: archive the Content or any part of it; form a database whether electronically or otherwise by systematically downloading or storing all or any of the Content; redistribute or republish the Content; or link to the Site including (without limitation) linking in any way which frames the Site; replicates the Site or misleads any person regarding any association with the Site.
You acknowledge that your use of the Site and associated services may be subject to interruption or delay. Due to the nature of the Internet and mobile phone communications, Family Health Diary and it’s service providers do not make any warranty that the Site or services will be error free, without interruption or delay or free from defects in design or engineering.
To the maximum extent permitted in law you specifically agree to indemnify and hold Family Health Diary harmless from any and all claims relating to your use of the Site or its use by any person on your behalf. For the purposes of this paragraph Site means and includes any linked site.
The illegality, invalidity or unenforceability of any part of the T&C will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder. Variations Family Health Diary may vary these T&C from time to time. By continuing to use the Site after a Variation has been posted on the Site or after you have been notified of a Variation you will be deemed to agree to the varied T&C.
Family Health Diary may immediately terminate this agreement without liability if it reasonably believes you are in breach of these T&C or wishes to withdraw the Site or any part of it.
These T&C and your use of the Site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
Protecting the privacy of the young, i.e. children under the age of 13, is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information for our services from those we know are under 13, and no part of our services are structured to attract anyone under 13. If a child has provided us with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian of the child contact us at [email protected] if they would like the information submitted by the child deleted from our database. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Changes to Policy
Privacy Breach and Contact Us
If you believe your privacy has been breached by us, or need access to your personal information, a correction request or have any questions about how our services work or regarding this policy, contact us by email at [email protected]
For information about New Zealand’s Privacy Act 2020 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, click here.