#dairyfree #vegan #glutenfree
This bright and bold smoothie packs an anti-inflammatory punch like no other, thanks to the star ingredients, turmeric and ginger. Despite turmeric often being used and associated with hot foods like curries, its inclusion in this smoothie results in a cool, fresh, and zingy flavour that goes down a treat. Both turmeric and ginger are renowned for their anti-inflammatory properties, so if you suffer from inflammatory conditions, this is a recipe to consider blitzing up on the regular to help to keep aches and pains at bay!
Nutrition Bite: Turmeric and specifically its active component, curcumin, is revered for having anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Turmeric is a spice that comes from the root of the curcuma longa plant, which is a perennial in the ginger family. Adding it to your diet can help to reduce signs and symptoms of inflammation. In Ayurvedic and Chinese medicines, it is traditionally used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 ¼ cup light coconut milk, plus more to thin as necessary
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric (or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and process until smooth.