What is a sore throat?
There isn’t just one cause when it comes to a sore throat. Around 90% are caused by viral infections such as the common cold or flu and usually get better by themselves, within a week or so (remember antibiotics do not fix viral sore throats). But sometimes it can be a bacterial infection.*
Signs of a sore throat may include:
- A painful or scratchy throat, especially when you swallow
- Difficulty swallowing
- Redness at the back of your mouth
- Your tonsils are large and covered in white stuff
For a mild to moderate sore throat
Try saltwater gargles, increasing your liquid intake or sucking on ice cubes. You should also avoid smoking or smoky areas and try to rest as much as you can.*
Relieving a very sore and inflamed throat
When you have a sore, swollen throat causing you pain, you can try a non-prescription throat spray or lozenge such as Strepfen Intensive Lozenges and Throat Spray.
Strepfen Intensive Lozenge
- Contains Flurbiprofen, an anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps relieve painful swelling and tenderness of the throat
- Long-lasting relief for up to four hours
- Available in Honey & Lemon and Sugar-Free Orange
- Honey & Lemon now available in a larger 32 pack
Strepfen Intensive Throat Spray
If you have a very sore and inflamed throat which is causing a lot of discomfort, you can get long lasting relief with Strepfen Intensive Throat Spray. With anti-inflammatory action it can help to relieve the painful swelling and inflammation associated with very sore throats.
Strepfen Intensive Lozenges and Throat Spray are only available at your pharmacy.