A good night’s sleep is incredibly important for your health. In fact, it’s just as important as eating healthy and exercising. Getting enough quality sleep helps support healthy brain function and maintain your physical health. In children and teenagers, sleep is important for growth and development.
But busy lives can make it hard to switch off and get a good nights sleep. Many factors such as stress, lack of exercise and a poor diet can play a part. Insufficient or poor quality sleep can affect how you think, react, work and learn, as well as your relationships with others. Ongoing poor sleep can also increase your risk of some chronic health conditions.
How much sleep do I need?
The National Sleep Foundation recommends 7–9 hours of sleep a night for adults up to the age of 65, and 7–8 hours for those over 65. Some people naturally sleep slightly more or slightly less than these recommended hours.
Ways to improve your sleep
- Keep screens out of the bedroom – remove the temptation, maybe read a book instead.
- Cut down your screen time – including staying screen-free for the hour leading up to bedtime.
- Write down tasks for the following day – so you won’t lose sleep worrying about what’s coming up in your diary.
- Develop a pre-sleep routine – discover what works for you and stick with it.
- Manage your stress levels throughout the day – sometimes easier said than done, but too much stress can keep you awake at night.
- Take up calming activities – such as meditation, mindfulness, reading, or Yoga.
Magnesium and Sleep
People with low magnesium often experience restless sleep, waking frequently during the night. Maintaining healthy magnesium levels often leads to deeper, more sound sleep. Magnesium plays a role in supporting deep restorative sleep and the key chemicals in the body that promote sleep.
GO Healthy GO Magnesium Sleep
GO Magnesium Sleep is New Zealand’s number one selling natural sleep support product in pharmacies* and is formulated to support a deep relaxed sleep. This calming formulation includes two forms of Magnesium that help to increase absorption and relax muscles and ease nervous tension. Tart Cherry supports those who not only have trouble getting to sleep, but also those who find it hard staying asleep. Passionflower, Zizyphus and 5-HTP help to relax the body, mind and support a good nights sleep.
GO Magnesium Sleep Benefits
- Supports a deep restful sleep
- Supports relaxation, soothing muscle tension and tightness
- Helps to ease worry, tension and stress
- A gentle, high absorption, oxide free Magnesium
- VegeCap Advantage
To support a complete and deep sleep get GO Magnesium Sleep. Available exclusively through pharmacies and health stores.
For more visit gohealthy.co.nz